Xapiand is a fast, simple and modern search and storage server built for the cloud. It features:
Liberal Open Source license:
- MIT license (Note Xapian engine itself is GNU GPL).
- You can find the source code for Xapiand at GitHub
HTTP RESTful API:
- Document oriented.
- No need for upfront schema definition.
- Small footprint with very low memory usage.
- Built on top of Xapian indexes.
- Each index also offers storage of files: à la Facebook’s Haystack 1.
Support for query Aggregations:
- Metrics aggregations.
- Bucket aggregations.
Multi Tenant with Multi Types:
- Support for more than one index.
- Support for different types, one per index.
- Index level configuration:
Efficient and Scalable architecture:
- (Near) Real Time Search.
- Event driven asynchronous architecture using libev.
- Written in modern C++.
- Uses the Hierarchical Triangular Mesh 2 for indexing.
- Accepts multiple Coordinate Reference Systems, including WGS84.
- Implements EWKT.
- Automatic node operation rerouting.
- Replicas exists to maximize high availability and data locality.
- Read and Search operations performed on any of the replicas.
- Reliable, asynchronous replication for long term persistence.
Multi-Partitioning and Distribution Strategies:
- Random Consistent Partitioning and Replication.
The Xapiand Core Team’s responsibility is to ensure the development and community around the Xapiand ecosystem thrive.